Why do we ask you to fill in a reader questionnaire?
When you buy a gift subscription from us we ask you to fill in a questionnaire to confirm the delivery address of your recipient and to let us know a bit about their reading likes and dislikes.
We sometimes get asked by those wishing to give a subscription as a gift if they can get their recipient to fill in the questionnaire instead.
To make things a little clearer, here's why we ask you to do it:
- It's where we confirm your recipient's name and delivery address.
- We are a bespoke subscription service. This means we choose and buy individual books specifically for our individual subscribers. This takes time so we need you to tell us right away what kind of subscription you're buying so we can start planning and choosing.
- We are a vintage book subscription service which means the books we send out are at least 20 years old and hard to come by. A vintage copy of Jane's Austen's Pride and Prejudice might be just the right thing for your recipient but we need time to find it!
- It's where we collect the gift message, if you want to send one.
- Apart from the name and delivery address sections everything is optional and often multiple choice, designed to make it as easy as possible for you to fill in even if you're not quite sure what books your recipient likes.
- It's possible to fill out multiple questionnaires so after you've had a go you can pass on the link to your gift recipient and they can fill it in too. We'll update their preferences as soon as we receive them.
- It's fun to receive a surprise book every month that has been chosen for you using guidance your thoughtful friend provided. It's less fun and a lot more confusing to be told you have to go and fill in a questionnaire before you can have your present.
So go on, give it a go and show somebody you care with a gift subscription today! Click here to begin.